Image Map

08 August, 2012

Food Today/今日の食べもの

Hi all.

I Woke up late today and decided to have lunch as the first meal of the day. Had some Japanese desserts with a friend after class.

And here they are : 

Cheese Omelette
Japanese Seaweed
Japanese Seaweed (Out of package)
The seaweed is just so good. It's the type of food that I would consider on-the-go food. This pack here only cost A$1.90. That's a pretty good deal and it's not even on sale because of it's amount. Restaurants would sell it for about A$3-5 and it can be finished in about 3 spoonfuls. No kidding. There's this Japanese supermarket called Fuji Mart located at 34A Elizabeth Street, South Yarra VIC. They sell a variety of Japanese goods and a small section for Korean goods. And that's where I got this amazing seaweed.


Japanese Strawberry Crepe


This Strawberry crepe was satisfying for me. It contains strawberry ice cream, custard, whipped cream, strawberries and one chocolate stick.  I would rate it 4/5. It can be found at Heavenly Delish. They sell crepes, takoyaki, taiyaki, macaroons, beverages and ice cream. And their newest add on to the menu are pancakes and okonomiyaki. I'm looking forward to try okonomiyaki ;) 

Japanese Taiyaki - White Chocolate and Raspberries

To be honest, this is the first time I have ever tasted a taiyaki and I didn't know what to expect. I wanted to get the vanilla custard taiyaki but it was sold out. Sad. Got this flavour instead. It cost me A$3.40 for this small piece and I thought that was expensive. 

When I took my first bite, I didn't taste anything. And I felt that it would have tasted better if the white chocolate was mixed together with the strawberries because it felt pretty tasteless and the raspberries just gave a sour taste to my tongue. The white chocolate was doing all the work for giving out the flavour and sweetness and the amount was limited. So I would rate it 2/5.

After eating these desserts, I didn't bother to cook a nice dinner for myself and ended up eating dumplings with leftover seaweed. 

Well, I'm off to do work now. Till then, TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any thoughts or opinions, feel free to comment as I am interested to hear from you! =)